It's Monday Nov, 2nd and the Halloween festivities are officially over... oddly enough even though I obbsess over Halloween, I actually am completely satisfied -FULLFILLED- with the Halloween season. Ready to experience any cold weather drop in Miami, continue with my pumpkin spice everything, bake my life away, and throw some candy canes in the mix!
I become a little O.C.D. with "To Do" lists this season, and I always like to remind myself of my own " 5 Golden Rules (to stay sane this holiday season)" that I posted on the blog last year. Before we recap on those, let's make a SIMPLE To Do's to keep in mind as we get closer....
5 TO DO'S
1. MAKE A GIFTS LIST: Start with a list of names. Get an idea of who you know FOR SURE you will be gifting, to plan your budget (More ideas in the 5 Golden Rules.).
2. PLAN YOUR BUDGET: Not just gift purposes, last minute travel, decorations, electric bill, party hosting (those x-mas lights rack).More ideas in the 5 Golden Rules.
3. GLAM SQUAD SET: I'm talking contact your hair stylist, have a few makeup artist in mind, find a blo bar near you (just found a new one! More on that later), have your brow lady ready! Just make sure you have your glam squads info ready!
4. HOLIDAY OUTFIT STAPLES: Check your closet: One for the casual, the trendy party, the cocktail party, and the brunch.
5. COORDINATE SCHEDULES: First find out the family festivities, then the close friends, then colleageus (More ideas in the 5 Golden Rules.).
1) BUDGET YOUR GIFT SPENDING (family & friends)
2) DON’T GO TO EVERY PARTY!!!
3)DON’T SKIP OUT ON EXERCISING.
4) DO SPEND MORE NIGHTS IN.
5) MAKE AND SHARE MEMORIES WITH THE ONES YOU LOVE.
These "To Do's" and "Golden Rules" are just my little way of having a little structure during these crazy months. Especially the "rules", don't forget to enjoy the quality spent with your loved ones. Be in the moment, feel the beautiful energy around you. Give love and lift the spirits of those around you, especialy those going through a difficult time (expeirencing loss, health issue's, and other storms). Be kind to one another, and when you feel overwhelmed, remind yourself of what a beautiful gift you have recieved today, life.
'Tis the Season...
Photo via: TWGDesigns